IRISS | Resource Page
IRISS Help Documents
There are a number of documents which may help you with particular actions in IRISS:
- Start an application for HREBA Approval; includes adding key personnel, documents, submitting the application and other items.
- Copy/Template a study; save time by copying an existing study to use once or multiple times.
- Change the ethics ID from REB to HREBA; when a UofC ethics committee was originally selected in error
- Add documents to your HREBA application; includes updating information, adding a new version of a document and viewing document history.
- Personal home page and navigation
- View and edit your Researcher Profile
- Update study team members in a particular study
- Create a Principal Investigator proxy
- States of study – definitions
- Modify your approved study
- View changes and differences in your study
- Renew your study
- Close your study
- Reactivate a dormant study
- Regarding expired ethics certifications
- IRISS Reportable Events module for those with studies reviewed by the Cancer and Clinical Trials Committees
There are specific funding definitions which may help researchers with their applications.
IRISS Help Desk
The IRISS platform which is used by the HREBA committees is hosted by the University of Calgary. The U of C provides IT support, Help Desk services, and IRISS training once users are on the system.
For technical help please contact:
IRISS Help Desk – University of Calgary
Hours of Operation: 8:30am – 4:30pm M-F
If you send an email, please provide the following information:
- HREBA Ethics ID #
- Principal Investigator Name
- Committee you are applying to / have applied to
Non-technical assistance: If you have questions regarding:
- committee procedures
- ethical considerations
- user name or password reset
contact one of the three committees via the email addresses below.
The IRISS Help Desk is not able to assist with these activities.