Health Research Ethics Board of Alberta Seeking Members
The Health Research Ethics Board of Alberta (HREBA) is recruiting members with expertise in research content and methodology, privacy and members of the community. These include:
- General Practitioners
- Medical Oncologists
- Pediatric Oncologists
- Knowledge in Complimentary & Alternative Medicine
- Knowledge in Health Information Privacy
- Knowledgeable in Biologic Treatments
- Knowledge in Medical Devices
- Participants in Research
- Members of the Community
Successful nominees will join either the Clinical Trials Committee or the Cancer Committee to help ensure that the rights and welfare of research participants within the province of Alberta are adequately protected in accordance with the Tri-Council Policy Statement on the Ethical Conduct for Research Involving Humans (TCPS 2014) and other regulatory requirements.
Members attend a monthly meeting and receive an honorarium. Depending on the committee, meetings are held either in Edmonton or Edmonton and Calgary. These are three-year term positions (2017-2020) that are renewable for an additional term.
How to Apply:
Please send a letter of interest and Curriculum Vitae outlining relevant qualifications and if applicable a summary of your research and ethics experience to:
Wendy Burrill, Associate Director of Research Ethics
Nominations will be accepted until the positions are filled.
The Health Research Ethics Board of Alberta is managed by Alberta Innovates. HREBA’s three committees provide ethics reviews of research throughout the province that relies on health information under the authority of the Alberta Health Information Act. These committees include:
- The Cancer Committee reviews all cancer-related studies in the province.
- The Clinical Trials Committee reviews clinical trials, with the exception of cancer-related trials, conducted in the community by physicians or other qualified health professionals.
- The Community Health Committee reviews studies, with the exception of cancer-related studies or clinical trials, conducted in the community by principal investigators from all disciplines.
For all other inquiries regarding the HREBA, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.